9.06.2006

Luke's First Day of School

Yesterday was a milestone day for the Whelan family--Luke started preschool at our church. I didn't think I would get emotional about it, but I was a little sad to think about how quickly he is growing up. I know he's only 2 years old; I'm not supposed to get nostalgic yet. But it is amazing how fast time passes and how much our children change every day. Back to preschool, Luke seems to really enjoy it. He goes two mornings a week and is in a class with a total of 8 boys and 2 girls! It is a very Christ-centered, family-friendly program. It was odd having so much quiet time the last two mornings. Jackson took good long naps and left me to the stillness of our apartment. I have to say I enjoyed it, and I think it will be good for me in terms of working at home and getting things done around here. It's amazing how fast an apartment becomes cluttered--we only have so much "living space," so everybody is living in the same space. I am so itchy to get a house, but all in due time. We signed a year-long lease here, so we'll look for a more permanent residence in the spring. Shane's ministry at Rivermont continues to go well. He has been so busy but is really enjoying devoting all his time at work to the youth of the church. Jackson has been trying to crawl for the last few weeks! He isn't even six months old yet. I think he is trying to keep up with his brother. We were finally able to get DSL yesterday, so I'll be able to post pictures from home whenever I want. I'll try to post more often, so check in more often. Thanks for taking the time to include my writing in your daily life!

2 comments:

CharCof said...

What a handsome little man you have! I know heis excited about making new friends and having something to different to do now! And I know the time with just Jackson will be such a blessing! They do grow up fast! Thanks for sharing them with all of us!!!

ashley said...

Our boys are growing up so fast! What sweet boys they are though...they must have FABULOUS parents! I hope Luke enjoys pre-school again this week (and I hope you enjoy some quiet time with Baby Jackson). Love you!