8.14.2006

Special Day

Sunday was my 27th birthday, and it was such a special day for our family. Jackson was baptized into the church, and it was a lovely, meaningful service. The picture I posted is with our senior pastor, John Mabray. Jackson listened attentively but then he didn't care much for the sprinkle of water on his head. What a beautiful sign and symbol baptism is of God's covenant and care for His people. After church we went to eat lunch with our new friends, the Petreys, and when we walked in the restaurant, I was greeted with a huge, "Surprise! Happy Birthday!" Shane and Paula Petrey organized a surprise party for me! Many of our new Virginia friends were there, and it was so much fun! I continue to be thankful for our new church family and friends. It was such a special birthday. Saturday we took the boys to the mountains--the Peaks of Otter off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Luke went on his first hike--we walked down to a waterfall. He did great, and Jackson enjoyed the view from a carrier Shane wore. The views were so beautiful. Luke kept asking, "Where are the mountains?" We had to explain, "We're in the mountains!"

2 comments:

ashley said...

Look at those precious boys!!! Dear friend, I hope you had a fabulous birthday (it sounds full of fun!). I'm so glad you've received such an intensely warm welcome from Virginia. I love you much and will talk to you very soon!

CharCof said...

Those boys are such angels! I LOVE Luke's hair!!! I am glad you had a great birthday! Enjoy Virginia in in the coming months...it is beautiful!!! I love you much and miss you tons!!!